Law Offices of Richard K. Isles
Contact Us Now


The situation occurs often - a parent remarries and the custodial parent with a new spouse tries to cast the new stepparent in the role of the biological parent. If this is happening in your life, there is no doubt you are feeling the hurt of your child being cast over to a new parent. 

It is common for your child to express unhappiness over the new family. It should be determined as to why your child is upset about the remarriage of the custodial parent. In cases where the stepparent uses corporal punishment or abusive behavior towards your child, a modification of child custody may be inevitable. Keep in mind that you have the burden of proof and evidence of such abuse on the ex's new partner will be necessary. Photographs of bruising to your child can be strong evidence, as well as medical reports to reflect the cause and injury as well.

In cases where there is not any evidence of abuse yet your child is being kept from you by the custodial parent, a visit back to court may be in order with evidence that the custodial parent is alienating you from your child.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Learn How We Can Help

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

g plus g plus g plus

Riverside Office
10367 Hole Avenue
Riverside, CA 92505

Phone: 951-643-3829
Riverside Family Law Office Map

Corona Office
1101 California Avenue
Suite 207
Corona, CA 92881

Phone: 951-643-3829
Corona Family Law Office Map

Temecula Office
43533 Ridge Park Drive
Suite J
Temecula, CA 92590

Phone: 951-643-3829
Temecula Family Law Office Map